.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

24 February 2005

Really bad US propaganda & good Canadians

Exactly who do they think they're fooling? Is anyone in the world impressed with something as simple and amateurish as this? If this is the level of "strategic communication" (i.e. propaganda) that we're throwing millions of dollars into, someone really needs to get fired...LOL.

Bear in mind that this report is from an Associated Press reporting on a report from the fully U.S. owned and operated "Iraqi TV" outfit that we established under Bremmer as the official news channel - and "sovereign Iraq" is under U.S. military order to obey all of Bremmer's executive orders like maintaining this US-controlled television station...

Iraqi TV airs tape of purported Syrian intelligence officer involved in insurgency
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/focusoniraq/2005/February/focusoniraq_February171.xml&section=focusoniraq

BAGHDAD - The bearded man in a gray jacket and shirt who appeared on the US-funded Iraqi state television station had a stark message about the insurgency - he was a Syrian intelligence officer who helped train people to behead others and build car bombs to attack American and Iraqi troops.
....
And so began a detailed 15-minute confession broadcast Wednesday by Al Iraqiya TV, in which the man, identified as 30-year-old Lt. Anas Ahmedal-Essa, said his group was recruited to "cause chaos in Iraq ... to bar America from reaching Syria."
"We received all the instructions from Syrian intelligence," said the man, who appeared in the propaganda video along with 10 Iraqis who said they had also been recruited by Syrian intelligence officers.
Later, Al Iraqiya aired another round of interviews with men it said were Sudanese and Egyptians who also trained in Syria to carry out attacks in Iraq.
Syrian officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the claims, which were not possible to authenticate independently. Iraqi officials also were unavailable for comment after the broadcasts, which aired late in the evening.
The videos were broadcast as the Bush administration steps up pressure on Syria to stop meddling in Iraqi affairs by allowing insurgents to cross into the country to fight coalition troops and by harboring formerIraqi regime members. Syria has denied the charges.
....
Al Iraqiya TV can be seen nation wide and is believed to be widely watched by Iraqis - mainly those who cannot afford satellite dishes offering the Persian Gulf-based Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya stations. But the station, which went on the air in May 2003 with help from the Pentagon, is viewed by many Iraqis as an American propaganda tool.

Wednesday was the first time the channel showed someone it claimed was a Syrian intelligence officer.
....
An unidentified Iraqi officer introduced the video, saying all insurgent groups in Iraq were covers for Syrian intelligence. He named a number of well-known groups, including one which has killed and beheaded foreigners.

Al-Essa claimed to be leader of the al-Fateh Army, a group that had not been heard of previously.

If nothing else thus far truly affirms the contention that the Pentagon and its "strategic communications" experts honestly believe that Iraqis- and Arabs in general - are utterly incapable of thought and are complete idiots who will accept absolutely anything they are told without question, this certainly does.

Meanwhile...

The terrorist-supporting (they're obviously not "with us") regime of Canada has decided not to spend billions of its own dollars on Bush's much vaunted missile defense program (does Al Qaeda have Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles? ...Or... is this in preparation for attacking someone who does?)...

Missile rejection perplexes U.S.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/02/23/940281-cp.html

(CP) - Canada's apparent decision to stay out of a North American missile-defence system has dumbfounded Americans as an unnecessary giveaway of sovereignty, Washington's envoy to Ottawa said Wednesday.
....
Despite strong pressure from the U.S. to sign on, Prime Minister Paul Martin was expected to pull the plug on Canada's participation in the missile program on Thursday. However, reaction from American officials suggested the decision had already been made.
....
Washington had hoped Canada would would go further and participate in building the continental defence shield, an elaborate system that some worry could lead to weapons in space and an international arms race.
....
Unpopular with most Canadians, the multibillion-dollar program to shoot down incoming missiles has been a political nightmare for Martin's minority government. There's been intense pressure from Bush, who unexpectedly raised the issue during his visit to Canada last December and reportedly was blunt with Martin in a private meeting.
....
U.S. defence analyst Dwight Mason said Canada's refusal to get more involved would be "unfortunate in a symbolic sense." "It's the first time since 1938 that Canada would have refused to participate in continental defence. It's a turning point. But the impact would be much greater if Canada pulled back from where it is now."

I like Canadians!

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?